Friday, January 18, 2008

Get Crafty: Fleece Hats for Babies and Kids

I have to thank Martha Stewart for her involvement in this post. I'm not sure when or how I stumbled upon this little bit of creative genius, but it was a stroke of luck and I'm grateful I found it. So I will share it with you...

I won't put a link here because when I do it changes my icon from the Blogger B to a teeny tiny picture of Martha and that annoys me. To find these fabulous directions, just go to marthastewart.com and search for "fleece hats". You will have no trouble finding the directions.


The website gives dimensions for various head sizes, from newborn to adult, and details on how to make various adorable so-easy-a-caveman-could-do-it fleece hats. We're talking basic basic... really easy. They always turn out as long as you use the correct dimensions for the head you want the hat to fit, and they really look good. Fleece is such a great fabric... very forgiving for the novice. The hats can be machine washed and dried, and they will last for years.

Cheap thrills and practically instant gratification. Go have some fun!



No comments: