Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Through the Looking Glass: Extravagance

I am a biologist by degree. I understand that flowers are functional... that their beautiful colors and heady springtime aromas serve to attract pollinators that will cause continual propagation of the species. But in all of God's omnipotence, a far less sensory experience could have been caused for the other creatures that merely get to observe this annual process. I am awed by the extravagance and am doing my best to make the most of it. I hope you are too...







5 comments:

Reenie said...

GORGEOUS pics Karen!! I am sooo impressed, just gorgeous! Nice work. Methinks Karen and the Nikon are a good team :)

Karen said...

Yes, surely a Nikon by any other name would smell as sweet :)

. Phydeaux . Phydelle . said...

Lovely lovely photos!

heather said...

love those macro settings!

paperhill said...

your photos are just beautiful!