Sunday, June 7, 2009

TheJuneBride News: MICE @ The Market

Today was the semi-annual takeover of the Kerrytown Artisan Market, arranged by Kate of Chiclookate. This was my third market ever and my first solo market, but it went well despite ominous beginnings. It was supposed to rain and actually did rain nearby, but we never got any directly over the market and that was a stroke of luck because it would have been very unpleasant, despite the covered venue. It was chilly and windy at first but got sunnier and humid near the end. I was so excited about it that I forgot my lunch after trying to print a banner for my table immediately before leaving the house. But Kate was wonderful and brought bagels and I got some tea and free wireless internet from Sweetwaters in the Kerrytown building, so the time flew by. My neighbors were Cari from Brown Joey Designs and a woman from Detroit who does macrame but whose shop name I cannot for the life of me remember. Cari and I were bathroom buddies, minding each others tables as needed. Very nice girl... she made the day much more fun.

Here's my table:


I had a good time and enjoyed being out of the house, but I'm exhausted now from a long weekend and I think this week will have to be low key for recuperation purposes. Well, I can hope, can't I? Hope your weekend was lovely too!

3 comments:

sloeginfizz said...

It was great meeting you yesterday, Karen! I'm impressed you got this posted so quickly — I'm still recovering! You're display looked FANTASTIC! Hope to see you again soon!
Cheers,
nicole

paperhill said...

your table looks lovely! i still haven't done a market one of these days i'll work up the nerve to! hope you are having a good week :)

Together We Save said...

Beautiful table. Glad you had a good time.