Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Life in a Nutshell: Handy Who?

We're having the trim our our house painted this week. I'm giddy with anticipation!

Instead of staying on the house, the paint (a very ugly color to begin with) was flaking into our flower gardens, deck and yard. I will permit some level of "lived-in-ness" to my house (more than most would be comfortabale with, quite likely), but peeling paint just screams of future home repairs and other horrors. So we got a few quotes and chose someone we know will do a great job for a great price, John of Ting Painters, LLC.

During the extensive prep work for such a job, John discovered that some of the boards at the junction of our sunroom addition to the main house needed to be replaced. Since they are professional painters but not responsible for our rotted boards, someone had to replace them. Now, you probably know I'm not shy around power tools, but I was glad that my husband had cut the first couple boards while I looked on, so the next day when we discovered more that needed to be replaced, I was able to do all by myself... and it looks great!

But now, after a delicious dinner of sushi by myself (my wonderful mother-in-law was watching the kids today and my husband stayed over there with them for dinner), I am dirty and tired and I want to play with my new serger. That's right... TheJuneBride has a new serger! It has been a very productive day! Review to come once I figure it all out :) Good night everyone!

2 comments:

paperhill said...

gotta love a girl who knows her power tools! doesn't surprise me though, i'm sure you could do anything! glad you had a good day :)

Reenie said...

as usual, you are super-woman!! Nicely done! And Congrats on the new serger! I'll have to come see you work some magic one of these days. Can't wait to see what amazing things you can do with yet another cool "tool".