Friday, November 6, 2009

Feature Friday: Bayan Hippo

Mmmm... handbags. And more handbags. Cute handbags... At really affordable prices!


This is the essential territory of the Bursa, Turkey, based Etsy shop Bayan Hippo. Designer Vildan is a mother of twin kindergarteners and still she manages to keep a fabulous shop chock full of handbags in every color and many styles. She also recently opened a second shop called Minik Hippo dedicated to children's apparel and diaper bags.


I love that her bags are versatile, generally have a plethora of pockets and don't skimp on style. As a mom of three young kids myself, I schlep all manner of odds and ends wherever I go. No teensy clutches for me, thank you... when I'm out, I schlep like I'm being paid! Bayan Hippo's bags appeal to me because they are so cute, practical and affordable. And need I mention well-made? It's a rare combination, folks, and I've been contemplating my favorite bag for quite some time. After much deliberation, I have decided on this one:


I love it... I wanted a darker color and it zips to hide whatever I need to toss in there. I really love the little scarf detail and I imagine myself changing it out for something in a holly green for Christmas. And the best part? It's on its way to me right now! I know you're jealous :) But lucky for you, Vildan keeps her shop well stocked so I'm sure there's another with your name on it...

4 comments:

Emily said...

these bags are amazing! have you received yours yet... does it look as good as it does online? trying to decide between the glory and bella myself, i think :)

Erin M. said...

Have you been happy with your bag? I'm considering purchasing one, I love the styles, plain colors and price, but would like to see how you feel like it has held up.
Thanks.

Karen said...

I still love my bag ad it still looks great! I'd recommend BayanHippo to anyone! The only thing that was slightly less than my ideal was the lack of interfacing, so the bag doesn't have it's own "body". Not a problem for me since I stuff my bags full of kid stuff, and it folds up nicely when not in use. Just FYI :)

Erin M. said...

Thanks for the quick review. I read your blog regularly. But it was still a surprise when I figured out why these purses looked familiar to me- your feature! I'll never know if I liked them best because I had seen them here first or if they really are what I think I'll like best.