Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Life in a Nutshell: Grateful

It's one of those days here. You know the kind... when life seems almost too good to be true and you begin to clutch your treasures closer because you think it can't possibly last. The kids seem happier, the day seems sunnier, the daily grind less mundane. But the joy of being in a good place, I think, has been brought about in part by a keen awareness of the other side of the coin. Some friends of a friend are in the hospital right now with their much too premature baby boy, just waiting for the inevitable. So many jobless here. So many unhappy people.

I am grateful for these moments where I can truly see my blessings for what they are. I am so glad I'm the one who gets to change the stinky diapers, to have a dishwasher to unload, to have a good husband's laundry to wash. To have friends who ask for help, even when it's inconvenient. To be able to offer up prayers for others who suffer.

To whom much as has been given, much will be required. For that reality, I am whole-heartedly grateful...

3 comments:

Reenie said...

Excellent post!!!

Jesse Ray said...

So glad the sun is shining brightly on the Mitzel family.

Together We Save said...

Wonderful post, beautiful girl.

http://togetherwesave.blogspot.com/2009/11/click-to-give.html