Thursday, February 25, 2010

TheJuneBride News: Featured in Etsy Finds

Today has been a big one already in my little Etsy world... I received the Etsy Finds daily shopping email and, to my surprise and delight, I saw my Silk-Dyed Easter Egg Kit was featured. Here is a link to the article - Etsy Finds: Spring Fever.


Less than 3 hours later, I've sold somewhere around 35-40 kits. I really had quite a few on hand and had even made 10 more this very morning before the feature (which I did not know about ahead of time!), but I'm sold out and now beginning to take backorders. It still seems manageable right now, but that could change fast. I'm thrilled, but it's reminding me to be careful what I wish for :)

8 comments:

Reenie said...

Woo hoo!! Aweseome!! of course i'm not surprised, the eggs look amazing! not to mention your great photo skills that make them look just as good in the pics. You rock!

Erin M. said...

That's great for you. I want to see you as a featured seller sometime in the near future.

Karen said...

Aw, thanks! I can only imagine the sort of chaos that would ensue :) Current count for the day is 74 kits! I had better get to work!

Erin M. said...

But wouldn't that chaos be exciting and good for the shop! Do you even have that much silk around for the kits or do you need to go out and raid the stores for more today?

Erin M. said...

Meant to add this to my last comment. You probably already know this but there is a 50% off Value world coupon on their website until 2/28.
http://valueworld.net/coupon.html
That would help with the tie acquisition. Look for another coupon the 2nd half of March as well.

Karen said...

I think it would be awesome to be a featured seller, even with the chaos (it would be exciting!)... maybe someday!

I'm doing OK with my current order overload... I did make one brief trip out yesterday (I love those coupons!), but I'll probably be able to get most of the kits shipped tomorrow! Not bad! But navigating the sea of address inconsistencies and international orders will add time to that, I'm sure. A surprising number were international, and those all need customs forms and have to be handwritten.

hometown girl said...

how fun! i'm so happy for you! we used the kit last year and it was so fun! enjoy the weekend! hugs, susan

{eleise} said...

How exciting!!!! They are very cute!