Saturday, July 3, 2010

From the Kitchen: Sloppy Joes

When I got married, my husband made it clear that I'd need to get a bunch of recipes from his mother's collection. I enjoy her cooking too, so this didn't cause any marital problems. However, I managed to make it about 6 years in without obtaining this easy and satisfying sloppy joe recipe. As a kid, I didn't enjoy the texture of sloppy joes... something about the way it went down your throat just didn't appeal. But this recipe solves that, and the flavor in combination with a buttery toasted bun makes a very good dinner in about 15 minutes flat. Definitely a summer standby.


Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, diced
3/4 cup ketchup

Directions:

Cook beef and onion together, crumbling the meat into small pieces as it cooks. Drain the fat and mix in the ketchup; heat through. Serve on buttered, toasted hamburger buns. Enjoy immediately :)

No comments: