Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Get Crafty: Homemade Wreath o' Blossoms

I ran into a how-to to make this great seasonal decoration over at a fun blog called The Pretty Poppy. Actually, I came to it via another adorable blog that showcased a pretty wreath made using the tutorial at delia creates. She was a guest blogger on MADE (if you've never been over to MADE, you really should! Blogger/crafter Dana is fabulous, and very generous with her creative genius). I loved Delia's yellow scheme so I adopted it for my own wreath. The small grapevine wreath had been lanquishing in my garage for months years, and this project was the perfect cure for 30 minutes of boredom! And I had the fleece around so it was a *free* project...



I think it turned out so cute... maybe you want to make one too? Or just spend your whole afternoon reading those great blogs like others *ahem* that I know? Delia inspired me with this fantastic bolero... Oh, I want one! Well, and to be that gorgeous...

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Gorgeous!!! Now I wish I had a wreath lying around.

Delia said...

Oh my! So beautiful! I like how you made the flowers a little fuller and had them fill only a portion of the wreath. You really have a creative eye.

Thanks for the too nice words too. :)

Reenie said...

LOVE IT!!! I was just needing more fall decorations and this is so inspiring. I settled for a $4 door hanging thing from Michaels... now I'm thinking wreath with flowers... You inspire me :)