Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Random Finds: Windows Live Writer

Holy cow… this is a test, but boy oh boy am I excited about it. Blogger has been driving me batty lately with the new “enhancements”, but after some random crafty blog browsing, I came across a recommendation for this fine free utility. Windows Live Writer. Easy blogging… beautiful! Here’s the description so you know what I mean:

Windows Live Writer makes it easy for anyone to tell stories like a professional blogger. You can create beautiful blog posts, and see what they'll look like online before you publish them to your blog. Plus, you can publish your blog to any of your favorite blog service providers, such as WordPress, Blogger, LiveJournal, and more.
Seriously… I’ve been using this for about 3 minutes now and I’m on Cloud 9 about the ease of making things look just how I want them to look… no weird extra html hanging around to throw off my layout, and more photo options that are so easy a caveblogger could do it. They import your blog settings. You can post to multiple blog accounts. You can work offline. It really looks like a perfect application for the artful blogger (and the artless blogger, for that matter). I’m sold.
P1030444b
Don’t you feel a bit more happy now? Check it out!

2 comments:

sewfearless.com said...

Blogger really does have the worst interface possible. Uploading pictures made me want to cry. So instead of crying I switched to Wordpress. I'll have to try out Live Writer again though.

Creative Colloquy said...

Oh my! I will have to check that out. I'm always so annoyed with the un-user friendliness of bloggger ;)