Tuesday, November 9, 2010

From the Kitchen: Smitten Kitchen Peanut Butter Cookies

DSC_7844

These peanut butter cookie photos have been hanging around my desktop for quite a while now, waiting for a good opportunity to be blogged. Right now is perfect for a variety of reasons:

  1. I just woke up from what started out as an afternoon nap to find my house deserted. Turns out my husband took the kids to the store (and won’t tell me which one!), so tummy baby and I are all alone.
  2. I’m cooking dinner (beef stroganoff) and have some moments to spare.
  3. Me want cookies!!! I can’t really blame this on the baby… I’ve already fed him/her a bag of caramel corn, a hummus sandwich and, presently, a cup of tea. None of that is really doing it for us. Bring on the cookies…

Let me tell you how I adore Deb of Smitten Kitchen. I do. She’s fabulous. Her writing, photography and recipes make me want more. Lucky for all of us she’s a dedicated food blogger and she shares her wealth of skill daily. “Thanks, Deb!” I write as if she’ll ever read this :)

DSC_7840

I found her recipe on a Google search for the perfect PB cookie recipe. I should have known! They are truly delicious… who knew all they needed was a generous helping of chocolate chips? Deb, you genius…

And that’s all I have to say. I have to go finish dinner, so go read it. Then bake cookies. Now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummy, I wish I was in Michigan to have a cookie. I used to hide an extra pb/chocolate chip cookie in my jacket when leaving South Dining hall. -Mic