Saturday, November 6, 2010

Through the Looking Glass: Baby Zane

Yesterday I was lucky enough to get to visit a good friend who had a new tiny baby… little Zane. So cute! He was an obliging subject and I had a great time hanging out and snapping a few photos for practice, posterity and hopefully to help with the birth announcement.  I got to visit them in the hospital, but a couple weeks of sickness in my house prevented another visit until just now. It was nice to see his little eyes open (though he was a wiggler when he was awake), and he was quite a charmer.  I used The Gimp to do a little playing around with color/saturation (the green blanket I brought was a little overpowering in the pictures, but it worked well for digital manipulation!). I also added some "eye pop" in a few of the photos after seeing this tutorial. I forgot both my favorite fuzzy white blanket and my reflector (both of which really could have come in handy for the natural lighting). On the positive, the knit fabrics I brought for swaddling worked amazingly well, and I am thinking I should make a few swaddlers for my own little bean before he or she arrives in April. Here are a few of my favorites from the day…

DSC_8414 - CopyDSC_8524 color saturation eye pop DSC_8526 color saturation eye popDSC_8548 - BW cropDSC_8535 color saturation adjust cropDSC_8527 - BWDSC_8522 color saturation eye pop airbrush

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Jersey knit would be great for swaddlers! What a doll. :)

Natalie Roehrig said...

He looks adorable! Thank you so much for taking these, you are so talented!