Wednesday, December 15, 2010

From the Kitchen: Natalie’s Chocolate Crinkles

My friend Natalie generously shared this delectable recipe with me last year, and I love them so much I know I’ll be making them every year. These cookies are like little bites of brownie heaven. Even more than just tasting wonderful, these cookies are just so pretty! Look at them! Gorgeous chocolaty crackles peeking out from the sugary exterior... They’d be lovely for any cookie tray you might assemble for your Christmas partying needs. I’ll be making another batch closer to Christmas, and I intend to make them bigger next time since that’s the only possible improvement I can imagine for them. Thanks, Natalie!

DSC_8919

Natalie’s Chocolate Crinkles

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 squares (1 oz each) unsweetened chocolate, melted
  • 1/2 c vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/2 c flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 c confectioners sugar

Directions:

Stir together sugar, chocolate and oil. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture. Chill several hours or overnight. Roll into balls and completely coat in confectioners sugar. Drop onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.

DSC_8917

No comments: