Monday, January 10, 2011

From the Kitchen: Tuna noodle Supreme

I found myself in a dinner pinch recently… no meat, no energy, and very little time. Lucky for me, I remembered a recipe I had encountered on Allrecipes. I was able to whip up a very satisfying and tasty meal in less than 30 minutes, with ingredients I had in my cupboard and freezer, and still had enough energy left over to make a cup of tea and clear the table. Ready? Here is a version of the classic casserole, made without the traditional baking step (I’m sure you could do that, if you’re a purist, but it’s not necessary if you’re in a hurry).

DSC_9092

Tuna Noodle Supreme

Ingredients:

1 pound uncooked pasta (I used medium shells)

1 package frozen broccoli florets

1 tbsp canola oil

1/4 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup light mayonnaise

1 cup light sour cream

1/2 cup parmesan cheese

1 tsp dijon mustard

1/2 tsp garlic salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

1-4 oz jar chopped pimiento, drained

2 cans albacore tuna, drained

Directions:

Cook pasta; add frozen broccoli to pot for last 4 minutes of cooking; drain and leave in pot. While pasta/broccoli is cooking, Microwave oil and onion in medium microwave-safe bowl for 1-2 minutes, until translucent (or cook on the stove, if you prefer). Add in all remaining ingredients and mix well. When pasta/broccoli is ready, pour cream mixture over and mix thoroughly. Serve hot! Leftovers are wonderful hot or cold (pictures were taken the next day). Enjoy :)

DSC_9091

No comments: