Thursday, February 10, 2011

Get Crafty: Inspirations from the Couch

Oh me, oh my… it’s been a solid week of whole-family illness and I’ve been dreaming of healthy days and the energy to do some projects! I have to catch up on the housework first, but here are some fabulously crafty tutorials and projects from fabulously crafty bloggers that have been keeping my spirits up in anticipation of happy days to come…

Firstly, I’m sort of obsessed with the idea of making a new baby carrier. I haven’t settled on a specific type yet, and I’ve been seeing a lot of neat ideas. One very attractive purchasable Ergo-like sewing pattern option is the sweetpod, with optional saddle bag attachment. I probably won’t end up making this due to the higher cost involved in the patterns and materials, but it was really neat to see what other crafty moms have made with in this flickr group.

il_570xN_206280994 il_570xN_193424413

I have also seen some amazing mei tai carriers made by my friends using this great free tutorial by stilllearninglife with an optional hood/head rest add-on.

100_7943

Another free mei tai tutorial, which uses buckles, is also quite appealing.

meitai

And I’d love to make some of these fabulous peekaboo toy sacks to help contain our burgeoning collections:

IMG_8767_2

And then there’s all manner of little tiny clothes for all the little tiny people who will soon be ex-utero… I especially love the 90 minute shirt and knee pad pants from MADE.

Capture e3

And for the baby girls especially, this cotton onesie tutorial by Prudent Baby is almost too cute…

blog_pic_1

There’s so much more I want to show you, but I need to go do some real work now… *sigh*… maybe tomorrow??

Stay healthy!!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I love that SweetPod pattern, but I estimated $60-$70 on all materials. Oi! I'ts gorgeous though. And cheaper than an Ergo which is what I really want.

Karen said...

Yes, just too expensive, and probably too time consuming. I am not so sure about the inside panel either. I also want an Ergo or a Boba... I keep looking for a good deal!!! Probably not in the cards, and I probably can live without. Eh...

Chandra Chinnis said...

I am awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award. Check out my blog for instructions.
www.chandrassouthernlife.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Sweet Pod is definitely fabulous, but with materials and time, I would wonder if it's worth it. If you're willing to put in the time, it would be great. Also has more style potential than the ergo since you could get some fun fabric.