Tuesday, March 1, 2011

In the Family Way: Today’s Pregnancy-Induced Mood Swing

It is 6 AM. I am lying awake in bed, feeling yucky. I continue to lie there for another 15 minutes before I have to get up to pee. Back to bed. Still feel nauseous. Decide I’m hungry. Ask husband to get me some dry cereal. Wonderful man brings up a small bowl of Special K. Hands it to me. I spill it all over myself and the bed. I cry. Cereal sticks to my face. Husband doesn’t laugh but rather cleans up my mess while I wallow in self pity. Ugh. Husband then proceeds to be very sweet and try to make me feel better. It works. I feel extra loved even though I feel like a combination of Jabba the Hut and Oscar the Grouch, and about as attractive as Steve Buscemi. Then I remember that I will have the afternoon to myself thanks to my fabulous mother-in-law. And it is no longer February (my least favorite month of the year). And it is sunny outside. And I have time for a shower before dealing with the kids. There is a light at the end of this tunnel…

8 comments:

hometown girl said...

oh, i'm sorry. but i understand. how sweet though sounds like your hubby took good care of you! before you know it you'll have a beautiful new baby! hang in there friend!! sending hugs, susan

Our Family said...

Hope your day is getting brighter and brighter! You're almost there!

Andrea said...

Hold on, Karen! You're in the home stretch! Thank God for a loving husband and a generous mom-in-law, right? Praying for you!

And, for the record, you are definitely more attractive than Steve Buscemi. No comparison. :)

Alexis said...

My poor friend! Damn Eve.

Karen said...

Thanks everyone! I didn't mean to invite you to my pity party... today really has gotten better (though still weird with the nutty hormones) and I'm certainly not going to cry over spilled cereal again (at least not today). I love you all so much... you brighten my days :)

Ann said...

What a beautiful tribute to your husband!

Jodi said...

Compassionate husbands of pregnant women need some sort award. I feel so sorry for mine sometimes.

Annie Lima said...

Good husband. You can use back braces for your safety . thanks