Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Life in a Nutshell: Thirty

Today is my birthday. Today I turn thirty years old.

Every milestone makes you stop and think about where you are in life, what you’ve accomplished, what you hope for in the future. All I can say is that, while life hasn’t always been rosy, every new year has been better than the last. I don’t expect this year to be any different :)

So, goodbye dear 20s… it’s been fun! A degree, a wedding, a job, a house, four kids, a small business, and rather a lot of life experience in 10 short years. I am feeling very content closing out this decade… no regrets, no remorse, no fears about the future. A lot of gratitude for all the gifts and responsibilities I’ve been given. What more could I want?

106-0656_IMG MVTTCA7T - Copy Norah's First Week 006 BW P1000201b P1020423bDSC_9535photo booth 7.2010

Happy birthday to me!

4 comments:

Becky Cavnar said...

Oh Karen. Your family is so beautiful, and you are too! Happy, happy birthday to you. May this year be the best yet!

Erin M. said...

Congrats. Enjoy the beautiful day today.

Alexis said...

I'll be joining you in a few short months and wow - it HAS been a full decade, hasn't it? So glad to have shared it with you and Tim. The thirties will be just as awesome, although I hope not as exhausting :).

Jesse Ray said...

Happy birthday karen! (better late than never :)