Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

DSC_2597
It’s 12:22 AM, Christmas morning. We just finished getting presents under the tree, stockings hung, tonight’s goodies out of the car, tomorrow’s goodies into the car, and all the kiddies are snug in their bed, coughing away as we try to wind down for the night. It’s been quite an Advent. Not very comfortable, not very pretty. But in our hearts we prepared for today with everything we had to offer. This year I felt very much like the Little Drummer Boy, and my humble gift to the King was each day trying to be what I’m supposed to be, the best way I can. Even in difficult times I feel the real blessing of Christmas, and I’m so grateful for that blessed babe in a manger who came to separate true happiness from mere circumstances.

Happy Christmas to you and me!! See you in 2012!

No comments: