I’m starting a new section. The purpose of posts titled “Real Life” will highlight just how easy it is to crop out and gloss over the unpleasantries when blogging. I’m real, you’re real. I have little irksome tasks that don’t get accomplished every day, moreso when I cook, bake, make and create all the things that are so much fun to blog about. I’m sure you do to.
So cute, right? Look at him. Sweet chubby shiny-eyed baby with a Christmas blanket. Adorable. Don’t you just want to nibble those cheeks and snuggle him??
True, but harder to see all that cuteness when I don’t artfully omit FROM THE VERY SAME PHOTO….
- Undecorated artificial tree (except a few candy canes in the kid-reachable areas).
- Toy hockey net from yesterday’s play.
- Long-term Playdoh storage in random Ikea bins, bane of my dining room.
- CRUMBS!!! Almost always there.
- Animal flashcards abandoned by bigger kids.
- Stuff hidden behind the couch because I don’t have room anywhere else.
- Yep, that’s the tree skirt he removed from the tree. Himself. By crawling.
- More crumbs! Under the rug fringe. It happens.
Today I’m going to TRY to do something other than clean, feed and cook. Because that’s what I mostly do these days, and I need a break. The crumbs can stay. The tree skirt can live in the middle of the floor. I’m going to tackle some FUN projects. Maybe sew. Maybe design Christmas cards. Maybe make some future blog posts (I have so much to share, and no time to share it!). Tomorrow I’ll pay but it will be worth it for a mini-creative vacation from the routine. We all need that now and again to keep our sanity amidst the… crumbs :)