Monday, October 1, 2012

From the Kitchen: Carl Goh’s Zucchini Bread Recipe

This has been my favorite zucchini bread recipe for my whole life. I believe it was in the book Beard on Bread, and it’s what my mom always made. This is another recipe I’m adding primarily for my own benefit, but, as always, feel free to enjoy it too!!

DSC_5387
Carl Goh's Zucchini Bread
Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cup sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cup raw grated zucchini
  • 3 tsp vanilla
  • 3 cup flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions:
Beat eggs until light and foamy. Add sugar, oil, zucchini, vanilla, and mix lightly but well. Combine the flour, salt, soda, baking powder and cinnamon and add to egg/zucchini mixture. Stir well until blended. Add nuts and pour into 2 9X5X3 loaf pans. Bake 350 for 1 hour.

No comments: