Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Life in a Nutshell: Getaway for the Girls

Last weekend was a dose of just what I needed. I managed to sneak away for the weekend (thank you, fabulous husband!) with several amazing lady friends for some good times and a refreshing break from the norm. I love my life and was afraid of missing all my people, but the <48 hour vacation in St. Joseph, Michigan, was thoroughly enjoyable. I go to a calmer place just thinking back on it. Only 51 weeks till we can go again…

DSC_5578DSC_5535DSC_5548

We hiked at the dunes, participated in a little bit of local wine tasting, enjoyed a tasty lunch out and took a very brief foray into a bizarre scary vintage shop. We cooked a tapas-style dinner and chatted until the wee hours of the morning about 11 PM, when we realized we were too tired to stay awake any longer. Mass on Sunday, brunch, then a 2-hour drive home. Perfection. I am so very blessed to have these ladies (and also many more who weren’t able to get away) in my life.

DSC_5572 - Copy

1 comment:

wholesale fedora hats said...




Hi There, I just spent a little time reading through your
posts, which I found entirely by mistake whilst researching one of
my projects. Please continue to write more because it’s unusual that someone has
something interesting to say about this. Will be waiting for more!