Monday, October 15, 2012

My Life in a Nutshell: Sad, and Suddenly Swamped

Last week (and this week) just became insane. I won’t trouble you with the details, but it involves some unpleasant small-house-repair-turned-big-house-repair, the very unexpected death of a wonderful young man in our parish, and a million trivial things conspiring against me and my self-inflicted “creative productivity” deadlines. So, the lesson here… flexibility.

And, since I don’t know if I’ll get the chance to write much this week (after the added insult of silence last week), I am going to fill in the content gap by posting a couple pictures of one of my favorite people… Joey, one of my adorable godsons! His mom (a wonderful lifelong friend and childhood neighbor of mine) brought him and his 3 brothers over to play for a tiny while a few weeks back, and I took the opportunity to snap a few pics for our mutual benefit, borrowing my neighbor’s coleus garden as a backdrop. He’s a cutie, and he reminds me that, even when things seem hopeless and hard to manage, we’re here in large part just to love the people God has given us.

DSC_5518 - Copy - Copy DSC_5502 - Copy - Copy

I hope to get current pictures of my other handsome godsons in the near future, and finally get the whole set of their charming faces up on my wall to remind me to pray for them each day. Gosh I love these guys!!

Hope your week is shaping up to be a good one (make it so!). Be safe, be well, be happy :)

No comments: