Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tea Party Bridal Shower Favors

DSC_7465DSC_7460

It’s a tea bag. It’s a shower favor. It’s a glassine bag with a sugar cookie in it.

DSC_7437DSC_7447

I will admit that I think these favors turned out really well and that I shamelessly stole the idea from countless other online sites that have made the humble tea bag idea into a very cute, giftable concept. Pinterest, Pinterest, Pinterest. I believe MarthaStewart.com had some feature about making your own tea bags (full of tea). Something obviously inspired the glassine bag, but I am sadly not recalling what that was. And I had made present cookies at Christmas, so making them in approximately the wedding colors was an easy jump. Overall, I was glad to have something unique and also theme-y to give at our bridal tea party. I made the cookies and assembled the favors several days in advance, and the glassine bags kept them perfectly fresh.

DSC_7454DSC_7455

I made the tea bag labels in MS Word (I later added a red hand-drawn heart in the middle as well), printed on cardstock, cut, folded, mini-hole-punched, and threaded. The 4x6 glassine bags and red baker’s twine came from Amazon. The cookies were made from my standby sugar cookie recipe, with royal icing. I cut freehand rolled dough rectangles roughly 3.5” by 3” to make the present shape.

DSC_7456

Stuff cookies into the envelopes, fold into tea bag shape, attach the label-on-string, and display in old wooden crate.

DSC_7457DSC_7458DSC_7459DSC_7461

The process was a little crumby, but not too complicated with the right materials on hand. Certainly crafty enough to suit our girly gathering :)

2 comments:

Unique Wedding favors by After Flats said...

love the tea! great idea! Perfect gift for bridesmaids

Drew Watts said...

Glad to know about these tea party bridal shower favors. I am planning to arrange family brunch next month and in pursuit of lovely event venue Chicago. Searched online and got to know about few venues. Planning to book best one of them.