My new favorite no-bake cookie! And gluten-free, if that’s your thing :)
Coconut Pecan Pralines
- 2-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine coconut and pecans; set aside.
2. In a heavy saucepan over medium high heat, stir sugar, evaporated milk, corn syrup and butter. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a full rolling boil -- let boil and stir for 3 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla and coconut and pecan mixture. Stir off the heat for about 4 minutes, until mixture starts to cool and thicken.
4. Drop by large spoonfuls on wax paper (small cookie scoops work well). Let harden completely – a couple hours-- before serving or storing.