I adapted this yummy recipe from Averie Cooks… my cookies are smaller and the process here is a bit less fussy. The cookie? Uncompromisingly good.
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 large egg s
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (not natural or homemade, too runny)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- granulated sugar, for rolling
Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray; set aside.
Beat egg, peanut butter, butter, sugars, and vanilla on medium-high speed until fully incorporated, light and fluffy. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and beat on low speed until just incorporated. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
Use a 1” cookie scoop or your hands to make balls. Rolls each in granulated sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for about 9-10 minutes, or until tops are juuuuuuust starting to get the teeniest bit golden.